Perhaps the best way to save yourself the hassle of moving is to turn to professionals. Employees of the moving company will really take on most of the tasks.
But does this mean that absolutely all responsibility for your move will fall on the movers?
Still no. And it is important not only to take a responsible approach to the choice of the contractor, but also to correctly accept the work.
We understand that after the end of the move, you want to complete the formalities as soon as possible, see the specialists and start settling in in a new place. But first you should make sure that the move really went “perfectly”. This will not take much time, but it will insure you against possible misunderstandings in the future.
We have prepared a convenient checklist with which you will not miss a single important detail.
So, upon completion of the move, TOGETHER with an employee of the moving company:
1. Check the availability of a complete package of documents (correctly executed and signed by both parties agreement with annexes + act of acceptance and transfer + payment documents).
2. Check the availability of all property on the list (“Delicate Moving” attaches the list to the service agreement). With large objects and furniture, questions usually do not arise. Also count the boxes with things, household appliances, sports equipment (bicycles, skis), etc.
3. Check for damage to property – carefully inspect furniture and boxes from all sides.
4. If the furniture was assembled, be sure to check the quality of the assembly (the furniture is level, does not stagger, all doors close tightly, drawers “walk” smoothly, the handles are securely screwed).
5. Inspect the walls and floors in the room after work for damage to the finish, pay special attention to doorways and walls in narrow corridors.
6. If you refused to unpack the property by the staff of the moving company, you need to check the integrity of all boxes – there should be no signs of damage to the packaging, dents or creases.
7. When transporting property that belongs to the list of technically complex goods (household and office equipment), be sure to check it for operability. This should be done twice a day of moving – before packing and transportation and after – and always in the presence of the movers.
8. If property was moved that requires special care, for example, fragile, valuable or memorable items (our contract has a separate Appendix No. 2 for fixing a list of such things), upon completion of the move, it is necessary to unpack and inspect it.
9. Check that all used packaging material has been taken away by employees.
10. Only after completing all these actions, sign the act of acceptance and transfer of services rendered.